Friday, October 15, 2010

A Simple Snowman...

Well, now this card is just NOT my typical card, but any stretch of the imagination...
But I love it! Here's a short story for you... My mother in law and I were on the hunt for the perfect snowman set. We were hoping for something that would allow us to customize our snowmen, make them each unique... wouldn't that make for a great set? When I found this one nearly by chance at Papertrey Ink, I was blown away. When I finally convinced DH that I needed 9 stamp sets (had to make the shipping to Canada worth my while!), and MIL that we needed to replace our old Stampin' Up rubber sets, this little guy was headed my way!

And I LOVE him! I love that he can be simple and classic, he can be cute and cuddly, or even somewhere in between. I love that every time I create one, he will be different than the one before him!

Anyway... on to my card. Why is this so far out of my box? Let's start with the fact that it features a snowman! For all I just gushed about this little guy, I actually find snowmen to be too cutesy for my taste. And the colour combo? Not at all what I am drawn to - I like traditional, sort of old world Christmas. Lots of rich reds and deep greens - think Purely Pomegranate and Old Olive. Bright blue, green and turquoise? No way... But I am just thrilled with the outcome!

I was having trouble getting my mojo flowing, so I found the sketch from the Taylored Expressions blog. I stamped the snowman with my VersaFine in Onyx (perfect for the crisp lines I was looking for!), and stamped the snowflake from Peace Be Still (PTI) in Baja Breeze. I stamped my sentiment from Signature Christmas (PTI) in Real Red. I added some turquoise bling, faux stitching and black pearls for my little guy's buttons.

I am getting lots of Christmas cards made; I need to slow down so there are still some left for when my Waltzingmouse stamps arrive!!

Pin It

1 comment:

AuroraDawn said...

I love him! Such a simple design but he really packs a punch - love the snowflake!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...