Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pumpkin Pie, anyone?

Here's the thing: Thanksgiving was last weekend for us Canadians. We're just waiting to get Halloween out of the way before we can dive right into the holidays! I have completed all my Halloween projects, and considering we've already had turkey dinner, there's no real motivation to create things full of leaves and pumpkins!

But, this month's theme for the Friends of Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz is Fall/Harvest, so I had to put my thinking cap on! I don't have any very fall stamps from WMS; as much as I love Claire's Peace and Plenty set, I just don't do a lot of fall projects to justify buying it! So what to do?

Then it came to me - in my Midnight Feast set, there was a small stamp that said "Pumpkin Pie". Well that's my favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner, I could do something with that... if I make a tag for... Ah ha!

I broke out the Piece of Cake template that I purchased a few months back, but had yet to use. I wanted to make it look similar to a piece of pie, so I got out my Martha Stewart glitter, left over from sparkling pumpkins last year (Look for these in a future post). One of them reminded me perfectly of the colour of pumpkin pie filling! I glittered up the base of my cake, and cut the lid from cardstock that was similar to the colour of pie crust, complete with whipped cream tissue flower!

I stamped the liner with a pumpkin stamp I scored in the $1.50 bin at Michael's last year, and a leaf stamp I had in my stash. I used the rock n' roll technique on both of these; my pumpkin is stamped in Spiced Marmalade Distress ink, then rolled in Walnut Stain. My leaf is stamped in Spiced Marmalade, then rolled in Real Red from Stampin' Up!

The tag was created using my Labels 3 nesties, and coordinating Waltzingmouse stamps. I coloured it with some pencil crayons (I am anxious to get some Copics!), and stamped my Pumpkin Pie in Spiced Marmalade that I then lightly dipped in Real Red to give it some depth. I added some dark orange rhinestones to finish it off.

Likely this is a project that will sit on my shelf of completed projects with no home, but it has a lot of sparkle to it, so I am going to love looking at it, just like any magpie would! Happy Waltzing!

Pin It

23 comments:

Sue W said...

oooh beautiful work!!! Love this little cake slice and the inside looks gorgeous too!

loftylass said...

Great thinking Meredith - and using what you already have! That flower is gorgeous. Any chance of a tutorial?
Hugs
x

Antje said...

I love your project and the flower on the top looks like cream on the cake! - and me too, I have projects like that sitting on the self...

Kristii said...

What a cute idea!!! I love it!!

Debgem said...

This is a great box - wish I could try the pie!!

Bonnie said...

Fabulous Project Meredith! Love all the gorgeous fall colours!

Pauline said...

Lovely pie box! Great colours and love the flower too.

Karen B. said...

What a fun pie box! I think you did a fabulous job on the inside and the colors are great.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Great project Meredith! Love how you colored the label & your stamped paper looks awesome! The rhinestones add a touch of elegance!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

What a cute little pie box--pumpkin bread, cut in the shape of pie, would even be fun in this . . . .

Chris L.

Kelly S. said...

What a great idea! Love the sparkle along the bottom and the pumpkin paper on the inside...so cute, Meredith!

Claire Brennan said...

Oh scrumptiousness Meredith, what a gem!! I LOVE this sparkly piece of pie!!!!! YUM! Thank you so much for waltzing along with us!!

www.injoystampin.com said...

Gorgeous project! I love the pie and the coloring you did. Wonderful job! :c)

Belinda said...

Oh Meredith, what a fun idea! This sparkly pie looks good enough to eat! Yum!

Pat said...

My favorite kind of pie - no calories!! Way to think outside of the box.

Julia Aston said...

So cute Meredith! love your slice of pie and the dollop of whipped cream on top!

Monique said...

Oh YummY !!! What a great project. I love the whipping cream on top.. I agree..No calorie pie is the best.. Fab project Meredith :)

Cassie_lu said...

what a fun gift box and I just love how you created the swirl of whip cream.

Janet said...

Awww--so cute!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh Meredith, this is so clever!!! I love it!!! It's wonderful to see what comes when we think (and create) outside the box (no pun intended!).

Sue D said...

Very clever idea!

Maureen said...

Such a fab box! Love that you stamped the inside as well and that whipped cream dollop is the perfect topper!

Ren-Yi said...

so adorable. love the lil pumpkin slice - so many things one could put in that cute box. great inspiration...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...