Thursday, October 21, 2010

Just in the Nick of Time...

Today is the last day for this week's sketch challenge at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog. It's been a busy week as I prepare for Halloween next week - truth be told, I am slightly behind in some of my plans! But this week there is a prize up for grabs; one lucky entry will be chosen to receive one of Claire's awesome stamp sets... and it's one that I love! So I made time to play along, and was especially excited when my new stamps arrived yesterday, just in time!

I am in LOVE with this new set, Big Blooms: Poinsettia. It is simply STUNNING. 2 things I love: Claire has given two completely different styles of blooms in this set, and many sizes in each. So it's an extremely versatile set! Here is my card, which features the more realistic blooms:


I completely cased Claire's version of this 3D poinsettia:


It was really simple, and for mine, I added a bit of my 2 year old's glitter glue to the bottom layer for a little bling. For the center, I used a couple different sizes of some amber coloured rhinestones.

The rest of the card is really simple: I merely stamped the base of my Kraft using some Crimson VersaFine ink and the medium and small blooms from the set. I made my tag using the Labels 4 nesties, and Claire's coordinating border stamp, stamped with Onyx VersaFine. I then stamped my sentiment from the beautiful new set (easily one of my all time favorite sets, EVER), Compliments of the Season, also with the Crimson. I imagine most of my Christmas cards will feature this set this year.

I used some Seam Binding that I bought from my local fabric shop - it is not the right stuff! I can't find Snug Hug around here, so I will be searching online. Anyway, I coloured it with one of my Copic markers, and sprayed with some shimmer mist, but it just doesn't look as good as the right stuff... anyway, I did double tie it behind my bloom for some dimension, and while I think this looks alright, it is definitely not what I was going for - time to bite the bullet and buy the right stuff!

Now I am off to put together some fun for my week of Halloween projects, which will kick off on Monday. I hope you'll join me!

Pin It

5 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Your flowers are just beautiful Meredith!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

WOW! STUNNING card Meredith!!! You did an amazing job coloring those WM Poinsettias & I love your BG paper that you stamped! Thanks so much for playing along with the WMSC :)

Pauline said...

Beautiful, and wonderfully coloured, love the rich red on the binding and the poisettia.

Kay said...

Beautiful- I love the poinsettias!

Alice Wertz said...

so pretty. love the stamped background. beautiful work. thanks for joining us at WMSC this week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...