Thursday, October 14, 2010

Joyeux Noel

As promised, here is another card I made using this week's sketch from the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.
As you can see, this one is completely different than the other card I made for the same sketch challenge! This one is very "me". Snowflakes all over the place, dressed up with rhinestones! The only thing that would make it so very typical Meredith would be if I used red instead of blue!
This is one of my new Papertrey Ink sets - Peace Be Still. 2 things sold me on this set: the fact that it had great snowflakes, and many of them (I told you before how I LOVE snowflakes!), and the fact that there are coordinating die cuts for said flakes. Done and done!

I utilized the dies for this card, stamping one of the largest flakes and cutting it, then 2 of the smaller ones, using Bordering Blue ink. I stamped my background using the rest of the flakes in this set in Soft Sky, then ran the edges of my cardstock over the ink pad for some distressing. I dressed up my main snowflake with a mix of dark blue and clear rhinestones, then added small clear ones to my secondary flakes. The sentiment is from the same set, and stamped in Bordering Blue and Pacific Point, accented with a small flake from the set, stamped in Soft Sky. It's hard to tell, but my Kraft card base is edged with Whisper White craft ink.

Don't you just love when one sketch can give you such completely different results?

Pin It

6 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Meredith! Those snowflakes are stunning & the rhinestones look fabulous! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :) So nice to see you return to play along!

Kay said...

Beautiful- I love the rhinestones on those beautiful snowflakes!

cbuswell said...

stunning, love the sparkly snowflakes! Thanks for joining us this week at the WMSC! : )

Julia Aston said...

So pretty Meredith! thanks for playing with WMS twice!

Debgem said...

Snowflakes and bling - perfect!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Just beautiful! Love the snowflakes and the sponged edges!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...