Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ho Ho Ho...

We interrupt this week of Halloween for a little bit of Christmas!

Again, I am just in the nick of time for the Waltingmouse Sketch challenge this week! I really enjoyed this week's challenge, and thought right away of my constant inspiration, Mona Pendelton, when I saw that cute little tag hanging off the front of this sketch. I wanted to do her justice when I made my card, so I went back to a card that Mona created during the October release samples, where she stamped her own DP using the Big Blooms: Poinsettias set, and cased her idea.




I have always admired cards that have perfectly distressed paper edges, but could never manage to pull it off myself - I always used the edge of my craft knife. This time I tried using my scissors opened up, and it worked like a charm! So I went nuts and did it to every piece of paper with the only exception being my card base!

I started by stamping my vanilla coloured card stock with the smaller bloom and outline, and the leaf and outline in shades of red and green. I then aged my paper using Antique Linen Distress ink, then went over just the edges with Walnut Stain. Then I ran my newly created DP through the Textile Cuttlebug folder before distressing the edges of my paper. I matted it on a piece of red cardstock, the edges of which had already met my scissors!

I used the Labels 10 nesties to cut out my image tag, then stamped the larger bloom and outline from Big Blooms: Poinsettias. I masked the flower to stamp my leaves and outlines, before distressing the whole thing with Walnut Stain ink. An amber rhinestone makes the center of my flower.

Finally, I created my little tag, using the Ho Ho Ho from Very Vintage Christmas, and added a vintage button with twine to complete my card.

I am thrilled with this card - I think it's one of my favourites for Christmas so far this year!

And now back to our regular Halloween programming... scroll down to see today's spooky post!

Pin It

4 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Meredith! Love your custom stamped DP & the embossing looks fabulous! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

Lea L. said...

This is gorgeous! I love the stamping on top of the dry embossing...it looks fabulous!! Great job with the sketch! ♥♥♥

Stacy said...

oh my all that work had led to a wonderful card! This is extremely beautiful work! Hugs, Stacy

Adele Fowler said...

this is so pretty!! really love the colours :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...