Friday, October 8, 2010

Have You Met Harriet?

If you haven't, check out this post by Claire, over at Waltzingmouse. As always, there are prizes up for grabs!
I used this week's sketch challenge from Papercraft Star. I am loving this blog... it's perfect for someone like me; two little kids, not a lot of spare time, and a desire to enter as many challenges as possible! Why? Because they post their challenges weeks in advance - so you know what the challenge will be before it actually opens. And it's judged by your peers, which I also like.

Here is my card:
I used some Christmas paper I had from last year for the panels on the card base - it's the Christmas Cheer collection from K & Company. I aged it using Walnut Stain distress ink on the edges. I coloured Harriet in using my blender pen and a huge assortment of SU inks. I really need to get off my butt and figure out how to use copics! She looks a lot better in real life - I find that my camera picks up colours from all the layers that I have worked very hard to blend... her hair, for instance, is a lovely chestnut in real life! Not this washed out brown that shows up here! Anyway, I used some Antique Linen ink to age my image, which was cut with a Labels 10 nesties. I then used a hint of Walnut stain just on the very edges. I did this same technique on my sentiment tag, which is cut out with the Labels 4 nesties. I used the coordinating stamp set from Waltzingmouse to frame my sentiment, which is from Very Vintage Christmas. I also sprayed Harriet with some shimmer spray to give her some extra glam.

I finished the sketch off using this great stuff I found in a stash of my mum's old wrapping goods - it's like raffia, but it's metallic! I love how it looks, and the colours blend so well with my papers.

There's still a little bit of time to check out Harriet's challenge for yourself! Head over to Claire's blog (linked above) to see the details!

Pin It

6 comments:

♥♥♥Jan ♥♥♥ said...

I wish I knew what that "metallic raffia" was called - it sure adds so much to your beautiful card, and looks truly vintage. Great job !! And thanks for playing with us at Papercraft Star !

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

This is such a beautiful vintage-look holiday card. I love the image you used and the coloring is spot on! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Papercraft Star!

Tracy said...

This is beautiful Meredith! So glad you decided to play along with us this week. you did an awesome job with Harriet. :) Thanks so much for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

Emora Designs said...

Meredith, this is a beautiful card! I love the vintage feel! That metallic raffia is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us this week at Papercraft Star!

Regan

Claire Langan said...

Awesome!

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

Hope you don't mind me stopping by your blog to tell you about Papercraft Star (just in case you don't already know!) We'd love to have you enter some of your inspired projects in our challenges there. We're also having a DT call soon and want to tell papercrafters like you about the call! There is still time to enter our PTI gift certificate drawing too! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...