Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Hat for my Favourite Witch...

This is a pretty blatant clue as to what my daughter will be wearing as she visits our neighbours on Sunday night!

I used fun foam to create this witch's hat. I used the same idea that I showed you with my daughter's birthday hat, and just added the brim, and made the cone taller. My husband did all the magic there - he just kept playing around with the angle before it worked and fit my 2 year old's head.

Not a great photo, but this brim is quite large, and difficult to capture!
I saw something that Claire, from Waltzingmouse, did to a Witch Hat card she made last year... and borrowed the idea for my daughter's costume. You can see her instructions here. I just used my Spellbinders die cut right through the foam. I heat embossed an aged gold powder to give it a metallic feel, as Claire did. Then I pulled purple tulle through, which you'll see used later on in her costume as well!


I will be showing you my adorable little witch all dressed up and ready to go trick-or-treating on Sunday!

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...