Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Black and White and Red All Over...

This week's challenge over at the Papertrey Playhouse blog was to use black and white with a pop of colour.
I chose to use this week's sketch from the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge for this one. I actually made 2 cards with this sketch; I'll share the other one tomorrow!

The catch is that I did not use any WMS stamps this week. I know this isn't what those Mischief Makers want to see, but hey, I have cooperated every other time, right? ;)



I am so pleased with how this card turned out. It is very much out of my usual style - I usually add a lot more in the way of embellishments, but this is very CAS for me! I chose to use red as my pop of colour on my tree, which is from the Tree Trimming Trio set from Papertrey Ink. The sentiment is from the same set, also stamped in Real Red.

I finished off my easel card with some red grosgrain ribbon, and some red bling on the tree!

Check back tomorrow to see what else I did with this sketch!

Pin It

13 comments:

Nicola said...

Love this card. The simple image and colours work so well together. Love the black and white with a hint of red. Hugs Nicola xx

cbuswell said...

I love this card, it works so well, great colors, lovely and crisp! perfect!

Julia Aston said...

You should be pleased with this card Meredith! love the black and white and the pretty tree! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch again this week!

Pauline said...

Lovely and clean, can't wait to see the other one!

Mary said...

Very elegant!

Krista said...

this is so pretty. would never have thought about stamping the tree in black but it's so pretty and elegant. thanks for the reminder to think in different colors. :)

Adele Fowler said...

Love this image in black it really works well!! Hope your having fun with your pti goodie :)

Deb said...

This is so pretty! I love that tree inn black with the red bling...I am going to have to try that!!

Victoria said...

This is really elegant, Meredith! Beautiful job!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Pretty card Meredith! That big tree is fabulous & festive! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's WMSC :)

teegee7617 said...

Very pretty! A very elegant look.

LindaR said...

So pretty!

Dana said...

Oooo! I really like this one, Meredith!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...