Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Baby Bee....

I created today's card for this week's Embellish Magazine challenge. I have a friend who is expecting her first niece or nephew any minute, so I made this card for her to give with the baby book I also created for her (coming soon!).

The challenge was to use Black, Grey, Yellow and White, and incorporate some background stamping. Here is what I came up with:

I used a couple of my new stamp sets from Papertrey Ink. I am loving Tree Trimming Trio, as I have used it a few times now, and still have yet to create a Christmas card with it! I used one of the bauble stamps to create my polka dotted background - and before you get picky, I wasn't trying to get my dots to line up perfectly. I wanted something a bit more organic, so I just followed a basic layout, without measuring anything out.

I created my adorable little bee using the Baby Button Bits, and used some vintage buttons with the wings. I drew my own little flight path using a black sparkly gel pen. The sentiment is also from this set.

I have wanted to do yellow and grey together for awhile, and while I think there are many cards that are far more fabulous than mine for this challenge, I am still happy with this one. It's a bit more CAS than I have created lately, so it's kind of nice for a change :)

I'll try to post the baby book soon!

Pin It

4 comments:

Kay said...

Such a sweet little bee, and I love his silvery "trail".

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Very lovely background. Thanks so much for joining the Embellish background stamping color challenge.

Belinda said...

So sweet!

Charlene Austin said...

Wow, I love your background. I LOVE your card!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...