Saturday, September 4, 2010

Waltzingmouse Challenge 13

How is this for strange? I created a project last week to try out for a Guest Design spot with Spellbinders (oh, how badly I want that gig!).
I logged on this morning to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge, and realized that my Spellbinders submission uses this sketch perfectly - a week before I ever saw the sketch!
I created this little gift box, using this tutorial on Splitcoaststampers. I didn't decorate the box as the tutorial suggests, but I used the body and went from there.

I used my largest Labels 1 nestie to create a footer on the box, as well as the base for my top. I stamped this with the large snowflake in WMS Very Vintage Christmas. I then accented with the smaller snowflake from the same set. I played around for awhile with the Labels 3 and smaller Labels 1 nesties to get a pattern I was happy with before cutting. I used the coordinating Waltzingmouse stamp sets to stamp each layer, which added even more interest. Finally, I used the sentiment from Very Vintage Christmas, and accented everything with rhinestones and pearls. I stamped the edge of my lid with the border from the Christmas set to tie the whole thing together.
I am happy with how this turned out, and love that by merely turning your die cuts, you get such different and interesting results. I am completely hooked on dies!

Hopefully the folks at Spellbinders like what I did - I am fairly new to the world of die cutting, so haven't collected as many sets as I would like to have - so I had to work with what little I do have! Sometimes that's a more fun challenge, though, isn't it?

Pin It

16 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful box Meredith! and look at all those layers! I love the stamping you did on each one! A super project! thanks for playing with WMS again this week!

Helen said...

Oh my, this is amazing - all those layers - very effective!! Just gorgeous - the red and white is stunning (and very Christmassy too!)

Pauline said...

Wow, love those layered labels, a great effect. Love the clour too, very festive!

Claire Brennan said...

Oh wow!!! This is exquisite Meredith!!! Sooo glad it fit the sketch!! Thank you for playing along at Waltzingmouse Stamps!!

Belinda said...

Meredith, this is absolutely fabulous! What a lovely box with all those layers! (And don't you love when things just work like that!)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

WOWZERS - Gorgeous gift box Meredith! I love all the layers & the red & white color combo! So nice to see your creations - Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Monique said...

What a Beautiful box.. Red and White is so stunning together..(I used these colors for my wedding) Lots of wonderful layers.. TFS!!

Lavender Rose said...

The box is so elegant and beautifully stamped, hope you get the design spot, good luck.

pr31 said...

My fav!

Ruth M said...

Gorgeous box, love the crisp red & white colour combo! Best of luck with the Spellbinders DT! application!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is such a great project! I love the box and the red/white is so pretty in all of the layers!

Camilla said...

Hi - this box is really great!!
Thanks for sharing!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

WOW! This is just plain gorgeous! Fabulous box and great take on the sketch!

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful! love the layering of shapes! wonderful project!

Charmaine Stack said...

This is such a lovely project, Meredith. I like the crisp red and white together. Congratulations on receiving honourable mention in the Spellbinders International Guest Designer thingy!

Joan B said...

This is beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...