Saturday, September 25, 2010

Papertrey September Blog Hop Challenge


***DISCLAIMER***
I am still waiting on my first Papertrey Ink order to be delivered. I mentioned on the PTI forum that I wouldn't be able to hop along this month because of this, and I had such a response, so many other wonderful ladies encouraging me to play along anyhow, even if I couldn't qualify for any of the prizes. SO - read on, but bear in mind that I was unable to use any PTI products (yep, I could have downloaded a few things, but really - nothing really "spoke" to me, so I just didn't).

Onto my card.
Can you believe I managed to create a card that qualifies for THREE challenges? That's a record for me, though I know it's nothing to some in Blogland! Anyway, this card will be used for the PTI blog hop, our first challenge over at Papertrey Playhouse to use felt, and the Papercraft Star recipe challenge, which was to use a 5.5x5.5 card and a 5x5 mat scored 5 times, 3 flowers from a die cut or punch, and 3 buttons with twine.
So, first and foremost, this card was created for the Papertrey September Blog Hop. The theme for this hop was to use a technique that was inspired from travels through the blog world. I actually managed to include 3 of my current favorites.

The main technique I wanted to showcase were these paper flowers, which I just can't get enough of, it seems. These also fit with the Papercraft Star requirement to use flowers created with a punch. I found these on a blog ages ago, before I had my own, and so I never took note of where I saw it. But they are used everywhere, and are easily my favorites. I like to use a lightweight paper (just printer paper!), and colour them with my distress inks (although the turquoise in these ones is Baja Breeze by Stampin' Up), because they crinkle so much better than a nicer weight paper. Ever since the first tutorial I found showing how to make them, I use them on probably every third card I make!
I am also fairly new to distress inks - I was a loyal Stampin' Up Whore for many years, so most of my inks are theirs. But when I really started venturing into the online world of this amazing obsession, I wondered what the big deal was with Tim Holtz. WELL. Now I get it, and am completely hooked on these inks. I used Walnut Stain to distress my DP (sorry, I don't remember the make, this is a scrap from my pile!), as well as to colour ever second layer in my flowers.

And, our first challenge at Papertrey Playhouse was to use felt on our project. To be honest, before tuning in to the lead up to the PTI September release, it had never occurred to me to use felt with my die cuts. But I loved what Nichole Heady did with the Christmas tree die cut so much that I ordered one for myself! Here, I used my Labels 3 die cuts to use behind my little tag - and I LOVE it. Now I can't WAIT for that little tree to show up on my doorstep!

The little sentiment tag is *not* a stamp - I felt that if I wasn't using PTI products, I really shouldn't use competitor's products either - it just didn't seem right, since the rules are very clear about using PTI goods. So this is a little tag that I had in my stash, that I think might be K & Company. I have all these really neat vintage images that I bought on a whim when they were on clearance at Michael's, and they've been sitting for probably over a year - well, I dug them out the other day and can see myself burning through them pretty quick!

So I hope you like my little contribution - it's nothing spectacular, but it covers a lot of bases, and at least it allows me to introduce myself to all you PTI Blog Hoppers! I hope that for next month's Hop I can play along properly!

Pin It

28 comments:

Amy said...

Great card! Love those handmade flowers and here's hoping your PTI goodies get to you quickly!

Leora said...

I love the paper flowers!

Deb said...

Great cart!! I love those flowers!!

Leah said...

still so pretty...I only have a couple PTI items but can't wait to get MORE!
=o)

Rhonda said...

Nicely done Meredith!! Glad you played along.

Karen C said...

What a beautiful card!

Baseret said...

Your card is perfect! Love the flowers.

Pam W. said...

"Loyal Stampin' Up! Whore - hahaha! I, too, have recently started using the Tim Holtz Distress ink and I LOVE them!

Your card is absolutely beautiful. Glad that you joined in the hop.

Jessie said...

Love the colors you used and the flowers are great!

Aimes said...

I'm so glad that you joined in because your card is FABULOUS! I just adore those flowers!
Hugs,
Aimes
x
I cannot wait to see what you create once that PTI order arrives ;D

Kay said...

Your card is beautiful- I love the colors, the use of the felt, and those gorgeous handmande flowers!

Anne said...

Your flowers are gorgeous!! I think you're playing along just fine!:)

Laura Isham said...

The flowers are beautiful! This card would be perfect for a wedding.

Krista said...

Meredith, LOVE the flowers. love the soft vintagy feel of these colors as well

Betty Wright said...

Meredith, the soft colors with the trio of paper flowers is fabulous. The ink distressing just makes it so rich! beautifully done!

Marge said...

Really GORGEOUS!!!

Kelly S. said...

Gorgeous card...the flowers almost look like they are made out of pewter! Great background, tooo!

peggysue said...

Gorgeous flowers, what a beautiful card, so glad you played!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your flowers and the overall look of your card! FAB!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Meredith! Your flowers are stunning!

Babies- Beth said...

So great of you to play along, since this is a beautiful card! Many of us are still waiting for the boxes to come with the binders, so you are not alone!

Jen Carter said...

That is a beautiful card! Love your flowers and the score lines too!

Nerina said...

Happy First Hop! I love your card - and the way you've assembled the flowers onto the Spellbinders label.... and your paper and colours are simply beautiful!

Kristii said...

What a pretty card!!! I just love those flowers!!!!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

This turned out so pretty! I'm so glad you delighted to join in on the Hop - can't wait to see you enter again next time when you have gorgeous PTI products to play with too!

Victoria said...

Your card is exactly the sentiment on the front, perfect! Love the colors you chose and your flowers are amazing!

LindaR said...

Love those flowers!

Dana said...

Talk about some amazing flowers! Terrific combination of elements! Class all the way!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...