Tuesday, September 14, 2010

It's Inspiration Time!

I really need to get better at more frequent posting. The weeks are disappearing, and I am barely noticing! I blame the 3 month old - we're in that "it's a blur" stage.
Before I get to today's Inspirational Card Sketch, I want to just take a moment to brag! First, you might recall from this post that I was trying out for a Spellbinders International Guest Design position... I figured I didn't stand a CHANCE, considering my supply of dies is somewhat limited. Imagine my shock when I found out on Friday night that I was named as an honourable mention! To top off the perfect weekend, on Sunday I was named one of the Top 5 at 2 Sketches 4 You! I am completely thrilled, and honoured, as there was some STIFF competition. You can see my winning card in this post, and you still have until tomorrow to try out for my blog candy giveaway!

Okay, I've finished patting myself on the back so onto today's card!
This week, the sketch at Inspirational Card Sketches is sponsored by InStyle Stamps, an online stamp company that provided the design team with some digital images to work with. As I said before, I am new to digi's, and one thing that deters me from them is how they are usually so 'cutesy'. Not my thing. But the images from InStyle are more up my alley - they remind me of softer illustrations in lovely children's books, if that makes sense? So I chose this one, which seemed fitting as it is the end of summer, and my girl is blowing a dandelion - something that is a sure sign fall is on it's way!

I used my blender pen - as I said before, I am not lucky enough to have ventured into Copics just yet! I used Old Olive to shade her dress, which complimented the lacy ribbon. I then used a variety of inks to shade her hair - including Crushed Curry, Basic Brown, and Appealing Apricot. To be honest, I can't remember if there were others. I was working hard to try and give her hair some depth in it's colour.

I used a wide panel of cream grosgrain ribbon behind my image, which was cut using my Labels 4 nesties. I just placed my green ribbon on top for some interest. I used a yellow flower that I felt echoed the feel of the image, finished with a vintage green button (how lucky am I that my mother in law has been collecting buttons most of her life, waiting to repurpose them?!). The sentiment is from Stampin' Up.

Alright, now it's your turn to check out this week's sketch over at ICS!

Pin It

4 comments:

Angela Fehr said...

Congratulations! Always feels so good to see your hard work and inspiration recognized!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Congrats on your latest accomplishments Meredith! Yipeeee!!! What a sweet card this is - that lil' gem is such a sweet touch!

Stacy said...

What a delightful week you've got! Congrats! :)

Dianna said...

Congrats on your accomplishments! What a beautiful card! I love what you created using my sketch as inspiration! ♥ Di

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...