Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I can't believe it's time for another Inspirational Card Sketch! Where are the weeks going? Somehow, it's nearly the end of September already... Time used to fly by and then I had kids... now life is a bit of a whirlwind!!
But on to today's sketch challenge. To play along yourself, visit the Inspirational Card Sketches blog!

For this week's sketch, I decided to do something that wasn't a card. If you follow my blog, you know my true passion lays in templates and paper crafts more than anything else! During the Waltzingmouse August stamp release, one of the DT's used this template from Martha Stewart to create a paper coffin filled with treats. I knew as soon as I saw it that I needed to give this one a go myself!

I used black cardstock as my base for my coffin. Once I had assembled the template, I lightly ran it over my white craft ink pad, to make it look more like stone. I used baker's twine around the top edge and the bottom, to give the appearance of my coffin being tied together. I cut out my banner using my labels 4 nesties, then I stamped them with the skull image from Midnight Feast (Waltzingmouse). I distressed these using Crushed Concord Distress ink, which I also used on my "Boo" tag, from the same Waltzingmouse set. I finished everything off with some bling, black grosgrain and a little bat image from Midnight Feast that I cut out.

I am having so much fun with Halloween projects, and likely have a few more up my sleeve for the next month, so stay tuned!

Pin It

5 comments:

Amy said...

Cute idea! I can't wait to get that stamp set!

Kay said...

I can tell you're having fun with your Halloween projects; I'm having fun LOOKING at them. I've got another tab open to the tutorial for the coffin box, I may just have to give that a try.
Thanks for the link!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a great idea Meredith! Love the lil' coffin treat box!

teegee7617 said...

I love this coffin!

Dianna said...

Very spooky coffin, Meredith! I love it! {{HUGS}} Di

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...