Friday, September 17, 2010

Happy Blog Waltz!

It is the 17th, which means it's time for the Friends of Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz! To get started, you can visit Claire's blog here.

This month the theme is Halloween - so I can't help but think of the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland, where you are looking down into the dining room, and all the ghosts are dancing... get it? Halloween Waltz? Just me? ;)
Today I am showing you the whole package that is headed out to one of my lucky followers, who entered to win some blog candy. If you missed the winning announcement, check out yesterday's post!

So the theme of this blog candy is sort of "Green Halloween"... green? Yes, green. I cleaned out the stamp drawers a few weeks ago, and came across these stamps that were picked up in the $1.50 ($1 for you lucky Americans!) bins at Michael's, and maybe had been used once, if even that much. So I decided to recycle them as blog candy! I actually have a lot of these stamps from Michael's, and am always impressed at how good the quality actually is, especially considering their price!! I've also included some ribbons in halloween inspired colours, and some little felt die cuts (loving those), all of which I packaged up in this great box that can easily be recycled into a gift box!

I used this tutorial from Splitcoaststampers to create my box, which was just enough too big for my goods to leave some breathing room - I didn't want everything smooshed together (that's a technical term, yes), and I didn't want to risk creasing the ribbon, since that would be a pain for my winner!
For my box base, I decorated the interior before putting it all together. I used stamps from Midnight Feast and Halloween party to create my pattern, then distressed everything using Walnut Stain distress ink.
I kept the lid very simple, but dressed up the edges with my Martha Stewart "goo" punch - it's becoming my "goo-to" tool for halloween!! hahaha... Oh my... if you know me, you know I am NOT punny at all, but my husband sure is - he is clearly rubbing off on me. Poor you!
I used my Labels 10 nesties (these are the theme this week) to cut out my decorations. I used some fabric I had left over from a table runner my mother in law made me, and cut that out with my die cuts as a base for my image labels. What a great result!

I used the same technique on my main image label as I did for the interior of the box, adding Wanda the Witch to the middle. I then created my label using the coordinating Very Vintage Labels 10 border stamp, and a sentiment from Midnight Feast. And how clever is it that in Wanda's Pantry, Claire included a mini version of the witch to so handily coordinate my labels?
I tied everything up with some purple satin ribbon and finished it off with... what else? Buttons!

Enjoy the rest of your waltz... I can't wait to see what everyone came up with this month!

Pin It

26 comments:

Debby said...

Love how the sponging adds such a depth to your lovely project. And that goo punch is fab!

Lavender Rose said...

Wonderful, just love the traditional Halloween colours and the stamped labels, great goo too!

{Lynn - that's me!} said...

Beautifully creepy with a true touch of style. Well done.

Carly said...

What a great box of such spooky Halloween goodness!

Julia Aston said...

what a great box Meredith! love the stamping inside and around Minnie on the cover - the labels look super! What a fun gift for one of your readers!

Kay said...

This is gorgeous! The inside of the box is every bit as fabulous as the outside- LOVE it (this is what I won?) HOO-RAY for me!!! : )

Antje said...

Wonderful box - even inside it is decorated - great work!

Belinda said...

Fabulous box!!! Love the stamping you did on the inside as well! Lovely!

Laurie Marmon said...

Super cute treat box. Your blog candy winner will love it! The goo punch is a perfect touch!

Jen said...

Wonderful! You thought of everything... Framing up Wanda and decorating the inside of the box as well as the outside is just brilliant. That little swirly star stamp from Halloween Party is such a fun little stamp making everything along its path Magical.
Thank you for sharing.

anya said...

This box is fabulous - you really put a lot of work into it! I love all the details you incorporated and the results are amazing. So glad you could waltz with us again!

Joanne Gilch said...

Your box is so cool and filled with goodies...yay!!!! the tag was a great idea hanging it on with the other button.

Kelly S. said...

Oh LOVE the distressing and the folksy charm of this...the inside is too pretty to cover up with that stuff! Love the little vine with this theme, too...awesome project, Meredith, yippee!

Monique said...

The inside looks fabulous what a great touch..The dripping goo and purple ribbon is great..What fun box of goodies..

Sharli said...

Your box is just fabulous!! I love the inside and that punch (dripping . . .) is perfect! Excellent job!

Jaala said...

I love this box! I love how you decorated the inside and the drippy goo is a perfect touch! It looks great!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Such a fabulous gift box Meredith! Love the mysterious looking coloring & that stamping inside it over the top! So creative!

Maureen said...

Totally fabulous box inside and out! What a great little gift!

Lenet said...

Love your box!! The drippy goo is so great>

LBCrafts said...

Hello from BC :)

This project is amazing and I love the destressing and the drippy goo, too creative! lol

Laurie

PS Thank you for coming by my site and for your comment!

BethieJ said...

I LOVE this!!! I sooo am LOVING that GOO border.. someone is gonna be so HAPPY when this arrives!!!

Mary said...

That is really cool that you decorated the inside of the box as well - lovely! Glad you're joining us at Papertrey Playhouse!

Krista said...

Really love this project. The "goo-y" edge is AWESOME! and love the inside stamping!

Adele Fowler said...

gorgeous!! Love all the little details :)

Deb said...

this is wonderful!! what a great project! love how to paid attention to every little detail!! great job!!

Ren-Yi said...

oh how divine. love the green idea of the box and the halloween giveaway. and yes - that box is perfect for the next person to give away their treats. did i mention how i love the inside? so perfectly themed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...