Friday, September 24, 2010

Be Careful What You Wish For...

...you might just get it.
As I mentioned, this past Wednesday was my birthday. So for the past couple of months I've been saying to DH "All I want for my birthday is stamps, die cuts and money for new clothes."

Have I mentioned that my husband fancies himself a joker?

Here is what I got:
Yep. Stamps. And he swears I asked for Christmas stamps (I swear I wasn't that specific, but we'll give it to him), so what I got were... Christmas Stamps.

Are you just killing yourself laughing? Well, I rolled my eyes and was certainly amused by how proud of himself he was (who am I kidding, he still is!!). He had his chest all puffed out like a proud peacock, and he's been telling me for 2 weeks that he was so impressed with his gifts this year, and how I was just going to love him for what he got me!

Now here are his bonus points: He went and bought the frame, then raided my stash for some black cardstock and matted them himself. I think he did a fine job, if I do say. He also made a point to get stamps that were issued the year I was born. So while he is a kidder, he is still one thoughtful guy. I might roll my eyes every now and again, but he's good to me, and I love him!

His real gift was for sure an awesome one - I have been reading all kinds of rock star autobiographies lately - I am fascinated with the crazy lifestyles these guys lead, and love being in the head of a drug addicted, party animal famous guy who's just another human battling his demons. So my lovely hubby took himself to the bookstore (a major feat, as he just does NOT read), and bought me 3 more to read! I never would have thought of going to that section of the store, even though I've loved the ones that I've come across. Sometimes, DH knows me better than I know myself! Plus, my girls (who are too young to do it on their own, so he still gets the credit) got me a lovely new sweater.

The lesson here is that, in the future, I will be sure to ask for "Photopolymer stamps, used with acrylic blocks, used for the purpose of scrapbooking, card-making and all other types of papercrafts, preferably from such and such companies."

He thinks he's so clever.........

Pin It

3 comments:

Kay said...

Ha ha ha- this one had me rolling! Sheesh, men! :)

Anonymous said...

LMAO !!! good thing you have a sense of humor and shared whit us
now I know how to ask for my stamps and dies
happy Belated Birthday

ps I love your blog is very delightful

Sarah Martina said...

Haha! That's so sweet, in a "roll your eyes" kind of way! Lol... Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...