Thursday, September 23, 2010

Another Waltzingmouse Challenge!

I am barely getting this put up on time, but here I am with a submission for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge!

My friend shared some wonderful news with us last week - she and her husband are expecting their first baby in the spring! So I used this week's sketch to make her a card to share how happy we are for them.

I used some patterned paper that I got a few months back at Michael's - I can't remember who it's by, though! I distressed the edges with some Walnut Stain distress ink, to age it more than it already appeared. Then I stuck some scor-tape down the middle, and just sort of stuck my ribbon down every centimeter or so - leaving a bit of a gap that I then just pushed the rest of it down to create the bunching. I added a tag that was in my stash, which I stamped with a sentiment from Say it with Style, and a flourish from Very Vintage Labels 10. I added a bow from the same ribbon, accented with a mother of pearl button.

I actually really love how this card turned out, and when I first started it was giving me a bit of trouble - sometimes the right patterned paper can make all the difference!

Alright, now if I can get myself motivated, I need to make something that includes felt for the first Papertrey Playhouse challenge, and if I am even MORE ambitious, I need to make something for the Papertrey Blog Hop on the 25th. I still don't have my box of goodies, but this month's challenge is about techniques, so I might be able to fake it!

Pin It

3 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Pretty card Meredith! Your fancy ribbon treatment looks wonderful along with the lace! I am sure your friends will be thrilled to receive such a lovely card! Thanks so much for joining along in the WMSC :)

Lavender Rose said...

I am sure your friends will love this pretty vintage card, it's beautiful.

Sarah Martina said...

So pretty! I love all of it! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...