Saturday, August 7, 2010

Wedding Cards, Part 2...

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I made a wedding card for a friend who needed one, but thought that my initial creation was a bit bold, so I created something else as well to give her a choice.
This time I based my card on one of the first Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenges that I missed out on when it went live. I really like this sketch, and was looking for a reason to try it out, even if the challenge itself is long over!

Here is the sketch:
Here is my card:
I used a paper doily for the first time, and LOVE the result. Such impact and I had nothing to do with it! All I did was age the edges a bit with some Antique Linen Distress Ink (quickly becoming addicted to those babies!).

I stamped the background of my card, which is basically a Kraft coloured base, with the border from Say it With Style (Waltzingmouse Stamps), repeating it on a diagonal. I did this with my gold Brilliance pigment ink. I created my flowers (are you sick of them yet?) with my old printer-paper-sponged-with-ink trick using Dusty Concord Distress Ink and the Antique Linen, and layering the colours. The larger flowers have rhinestone brads for some extra bling. I stamped my Labels 10 (WMS) to create the tag, and inside used the Congratulations from Say it With Style and embossed it in gold. I just set my foam dimensionals too close together to raise my sentiment.

I am thinking this is the card my friend will go with, and I am really happy with how it turned out... glad I could finally put the sketch to use!

Pin It

2 comments:

Helen L said...

Hi,
I've noticed your babys' pic on your comments at WMS (that's how I recognize you!) and I popped over here to your blog for the first time. I just wanted you to know that your cards are just great!!! I've bookmarked your blog and will be visiting your blog often: thanks for sharing all your samples:-)
Helen

Kate W. said...

Your flowers are great. When I first saw them I thought they were something you had bought. Very vintage and very elegant!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...