Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Waltzingmouse Challenge Time!

2 posts in one day - this is becoming a habit!
Here is my submission for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge for this week.

I think this might be the first time I've made a round card! And I don't have round nesties, so it was a bit of work for me, but I am happy with the results. I used my Coluzzle from Stampin' Up, and cut out the largest circle. Then I traced a CD, since it was slightly bigger, cut it out, and used my corner rounder to create the scalloped edges. Then I decided it's definitely worth considering buying some round and scalloped Nesties!

I ran my smaller (brown) circle through a cuttlebug folder to emboss it, since that always adds dimension. Then I cut out my background label using my Labels 1 nesties, and stamped the border in Baja Breeze with a border from the coordinating WMS set. I cut out a Labels 4 nestie, then stamped the border in Basic Brown with the coordinating WMS stamp set. I stamped a background flourish in Baja Breeze, from Vintage Labels no. 10, then stamped my sentiment from Very Vintage Christmas in Pacific Point. I accented the background label with some red rhinestones to tie in the red ribbon, which I added for some pop. I used vintage buttons to complete the sketch, and actually, I am really happy with how it all turned out - there was a moment there where I really wasn't sure I was going to like this one!

Pin It

4 comments:

Ruth M said...

Lovely card, all your details add great texture!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Meredith! Love the embossing & color combo! So nice to see your creations week after week :) Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Alice Wertz said...

very pretty color combination. lovely card! thanks for joining us at WMSC this week!

Claire Brennan said...

Meredith! genius method for making a scalloped circle!! Good woman! but yep!! it might be easier with a nestie...lol!! I'm sorry we put you to a lot of work!! but wasn't it worth it to get this fabby card! love the wee pops of red in your colour scheme! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Waltzingmouse Stamps!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...