I can't believe a month has passed, and it's already another Blog Waltz... I can't believe it's the middle of August, period! My oldest turns two on Thursday, and I am still trying to wrap my head around where time has gone...
Onto the dance moves! If you just happened upon my post, I recommend a visit to Claire's blog to see all the other dancers!
This month's theme is Shabby Chic... a style I have loved since I can remember. I always knew that if I was lucky enough to have a daughter, her room would be decorated in this theme. So I used a newly purchased template from WMS to create something decorative for my oldest girl's room - perfect match!
I used the Spring Baskets template, which I've been coveting for awhile, and finally added onto my order at the start of this month. I didn't attach a handle, in order to make it more like a vase. I used the border stamp from Say it with Style, and was very patient with my masking in order to stamp each panel individually. I stamped and then aged with Antique Linen distress ink, folding each panel over so that I got all the edges. This template took some patience, but as usual, the instructions were incredibly easy to follow, and the results spectacular. I am blown away that Claire can create these amazing templates!
I used my MS scallop lace punch to create the edges on the liner, which I then roughed up and rolled out to peek out below my bouquet. I also aged this with the Antique Linen ink.
Then I went to TOWN making tissue paper flowers. They were a cinch, and the tissue gives the blooms lots of dimension! I made them in a mix of pink, purple and white tissue, then ran then over my Antique Linen and Vintage Photo distress inks, hoping to help them blend with the theme.
I created a base to stick my flowers to by cutting 3 strips of cardstock, and sticking them like bridges across the basket liner. I then used scor-tape to adhere my blossoms, all of which have a green paper (not cardstock) base to give them something to hang on to. I then stuffed the holes with some paper easter grass to hide some of the gaps.
I had initially planned on tying a bow and adding some ribbon to the base, but I actually just never got there in time for the Waltz.. I may still add them, as I am sure it will really add to the whole thing, but in the meantime, you get the general effect all the same!
Happy Waltzing, and thanks for peeking!