Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Waltzingmouse August Blog Waltz

This is my second post today, scroll down to see this week's Inspirational Card Sketch!



I can't believe a month has passed, and it's already another Blog Waltz... I can't believe it's the middle of August, period! My oldest turns two on Thursday, and I am still trying to wrap my head around where time has gone...
Onto the dance moves! If you just happened upon my post, I recommend a visit to Claire's blog to see all the other dancers!

This month's theme is Shabby Chic... a style I have loved since I can remember. I always knew that if I was lucky enough to have a daughter, her room would be decorated in this theme. So I used a newly purchased template from WMS to create something decorative for my oldest girl's room - perfect match!


I used the Spring Baskets template, which I've been coveting for awhile, and finally added onto my order at the start of this month. I didn't attach a handle, in order to make it more like a vase. I used the border stamp from Say it with Style, and was very patient with my masking in order to stamp each panel individually. I stamped and then aged with Antique Linen distress ink, folding each panel over so that I got all the edges. This template took some patience, but as usual, the instructions were incredibly easy to follow, and the results spectacular. I am blown away that Claire can create these amazing templates!

I used my MS scallop lace punch to create the edges on the liner, which I then roughed up and rolled out to peek out below my bouquet. I also aged this with the Antique Linen ink.

Then I went to TOWN making tissue paper flowers. They were a cinch, and the tissue gives the blooms lots of dimension! I made them in a mix of pink, purple and white tissue, then ran then over my Antique Linen and Vintage Photo distress inks, hoping to help them blend with the theme.

I created a base to stick my flowers to by cutting 3 strips of cardstock, and sticking them like bridges across the basket liner. I then used scor-tape to adhere my blossoms, all of which have a green paper (not cardstock) base to give them something to hang on to. I then stuffed the holes with some paper easter grass to hide some of the gaps.

I had initially planned on tying a bow and adding some ribbon to the base, but I actually just never got there in time for the Waltz.. I may still add them, as I am sure it will really add to the whole thing, but in the meantime, you get the general effect all the same!

Happy Waltzing, and thanks for peeking!

Pin It

24 comments:

Pauline said...

Beautiful creation, those flowers are gorgeous, must have taken you ages to make them!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I'm in awe of what some people can do with paper, well done.

Melissa said...

Beautiful! I love your paper vase and flowers-perfect!

Julia Aston said...

How wonderfully creative Meredith!! I just love Claire's basket template and it looks beautiful here in the cream with that gorgeous bouquet of flowers atop it!!

cbuswell said...

brilliant project, love the pastel colors!

anya said...

Holy cow, Meredith! This is amazing! How stunning - these are just gorgeous. You did a fantastic job!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Very beautiful floral design! The entire ensemble looks real!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Wow! I'm in awe of your creation - it looks so real! Great job!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

WOW! What a beautiful flower arrangement Meredith! Would look perfect on my kitchen counter :)

Latisha said...

very pretty!

Joanne Gilch said...

Mere, gorgeous creation! Your daughter must love it with or without the ribbon! If you do end up adding it give us a jingle on the forum!!! Then we will all have to come take a look.

Laurie Marmon said...

How pretty! Great to see a template used on the waltz! Very lovely.

Helen said...

Wow, I'm totally in awe of those beautiful paper flowers you created - love what you did with the vase template too x

Janet said...

Love it!

Belinda said...

Wow, love the vase and the flowers you created totally accent it so well! :) Fabulous!

Cammie said...

I am in awe of your talent! This vase and flowers are gorgeous!

Kelly S. said...

Totally looks like china with some flowers from your garden! This must have taken you so much time and the effort was totally worth it for WOW-ing all of us! Just love it, so creative and beautiful!

Tracey Cuccia said...

NO YOU DIDN'T! This is really beautiful!! What a terrific centerpiece. Great arrangement too -- that's half the battle! lol. Thanks for sharing this!!

Charmaine Stack said...

Just simply amazing!

carole said...

Great project, flowers are so shabby !!!

Ren-Yi said...

these flowers are just fantastic.i wish i had a crafty mommy when growing up. i would just be delighted to have something like that. they look like a million bucks! thanks for the inspiration.

Heidi said...

WOW!! This is a stunning project! Your daughter is so lucky to receive it!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh my goodness, how lovely this is!!! Simply gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...