Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Time for another Inspirational Card Sketch!

Here I am, my third week on the design team for Inspirational Card Sketches. Here's what I am loving so far about being on this design team: I am forced out of my box - if the juices aren't flowing right away for a sketch, tough luck. I have to figure it out. This means I can't be lazy, I have to go out of my box. I am also loving that by having to have a card prepared every week, I am right on top of cards I need to make for friends and family!
This week's sketch is sponsored by Meljen's Designs. This online company offers some really cute digital stamps - and if you know me, you know I do not do cute. The design team did not have to use any of the sponsor's images, it was my choice. And I am really glad I did! I have never worked with digis before, so this one was so far out of my box I can't even see it from where I ended up - and I am so happy with the results!

I always struggle with kid's cards, but as soon as I saw this candy image I knew it was the one I would try out.
I have yet to venture into the world of Copics (but boy do I want to!), so this was all done with my Stampin' Up Blender Pens and classic inks. I used Melon Mambo, Real Red, Baja Breeze, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry, Kiwi Kiss, Crushed Curry and Soft Sky. I used Tempting Turquoise, Real Red and Kiwi Kiss to create the background DP to tie it together. I then ran the background paper and the red panels through a Cuttlebug folder in my Big Shot for some added texture. I am surprised at how much I like this card, and it's a reminder of why I need to go out of my comfort zone!

How about you pop over to the ICS Blog and give the sketch a go for yourself?

Pin It

1 comment:

Alex said...

This is a stunning card and your coloring is perfect the way it is! Great image and wonderful papers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...