Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Subtle Sixty...

It's time for my second contribution to the Inspirational Card Sketches Design Team! So far, I am really enjoying this gig :)
This week's sketch really eluded me. I could see the potential, but not how I was going to apply it. This is the trick to being on a design team - if you see a sketch that doesn't speak to you, you have to work it out and still do something with it!

As it happens, I am thrilled with the results. I needed a birthday card for a 60th birthday, hence the sentiment! This was all made with the same paper, I just used two different background stamps.
I stamped a script image on my card base with Baja Breeze by Stampin' Up, which is very close to my card stock colour. I then stamped my top piece of card stock with a damask background (I am NUTS for damask anything - my house is full of it!!). I took a sponge and purposely used a side that had a bit of green from a previous application, and used the Baja Breeze to age my edges - the hint of green sort of 'dirtied' the new ink so it was a bit more old looking. I tore the edge of my cardstock and also aged that a bit with my sponge. I used my labels 4 nesties (Spellbinders) and the coordinating stamps as well as the Victorian Alphabet from Waltzingmouse Stamps for the tag. I aged the tag with River Rock by SU!, which is also what I stamped the little flourish (from Very Vintage Labels 10 - Waltzingmouse) behind my sentiment with. Tied it up with some matching satin ribbon, the ends of which I frayed a bit to match the aged feel of the card. I finished the knot off with a button, which I am addicted to these days! I love this card, and might have to use this sketch again - so there you go; At first I couldn't figure it out, and now I want to use it again!

Pop on over to Inspirational Card Sketches to try it out for yourself!

Pin It

1 comment:

scrapnnMO said...

I'm glad your part of the team over at ICS. YOur card is just stunning. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...