Monday, August 9, 2010

Stationary Box, and Waltzingmouse Challenge...

Wow, that has to be my least creative title so far... I am slipping!!
Today I bring you a gift I have made for a good friend's birthday. This was a tutorial on Splitcoaststampers a couple of months back, and after I made the first one I loved it. I knew I wanted to make this for my friend, because she truly appreciates nice stationary and the work that would go into such a project.

I used this week's sketch from the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge for the outside of my box. The sketch:

My finished project:


I created these flowers using the same papers I used to build the box. The pleated flower was so simple; you can find the tutorial here. The hardest part was being coordinated enough to hold the pleats together, and then waiting for the glue to dry. I used Aleene's tacky glue, which is pretty quick drying! I used various circles to create 2 of my other flowers, and my scallop circle punch for the last. I included some vintage-y looking brads, and of course a button (you know me and buttons these days!), and adhered them all to my box with Scor-tape. I used the Victorian Alphabet from Waltzingmouse and personalized the box with my friend's nickname, as it is pronounced in her first language, Hungarian. Nope, her name is not Katie spelled funny!

The box, when opened:


I used the same papers to accent my cards and tags so that everything was cohesive. I used the Victorian Alphabet again to monogram the cards. The thing I love about using patterned papers is how quickly you get some major impact, with very little effort on your part!

This project might look a bit daunting, but it truly is really easy. You just have to be patient, and follow the directions with a bit of concentration! One thing I changed was the tags and mini notecards as shown on the tutorial... initially I had planned to make some gift card holders, because my friend tends to give a lot of those as gifts. But, in my mum-of-2-under-two daze, I completely mis-measured my pouch. So I made some oversized gift tags instead! I just ran some of my patterned paper through my Big Shot with a Labels 1 Nestie, then used some brown cardstock that I then embossed using a stamp from The Labels 1 stamps by Waltzingmouse. And I finally got to use my new halloween WMS stamps-- for the To and From on the tags!!
Finally something non-card for you to enjoy :)

Pin It

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

What an impressive gift Meredith! I love the way you have incorporated our sketch challenge! Thanks for playing!

cbuswell said...

Wow, love this, great work!! Thanks for joining us at WMSC.

Annelies said...

It's just gorgeous!

Pauline said...

Just beautiful, love the tags, and the papers and colours all work so well together. Your friend will love this gift. xx

Julia Aston said...

What a great job you did on this box! What great colors and contents! thanks for playing with WMS again this week Meredith!

Lory (Loryquilt) said...

Wonderful job!!!the colors are so great!Ciao Lory

Charmaine Stack said...

Meredith, this is such an amazing gift. I am bookmarking it so I can remember this for some birthdays I need gifts for.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

WOW Meredith! What a wonderful gift box! I am sure your friend will treasure this! Your flowers look awesome! Thank you so much for playing along with the WMSC :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...