Thursday, August 5, 2010

My First Embellish Challenge...

Seems like all I make these days are cards... but I have something extra fun and non-card-like planned for the Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz on August 17th... make sure you come back to visit me and find out what it is!


I have spied a few other bloggers taking part in Embellish Magazine's colour challenges over the past few months... they are always so interesting, and I love the way they lay out their challenge; the photos always jog some creative juices!

Today I have a card that combines the current Embellish Magazine challenge with this week's Mojo Monday sketch challenge.

Here is the Embellish story board, and the Mojo sketch:




(*Sorry for the awkward layout - my photos are not cooperating with me today and I am HTML challenged...!!)

I made yet another easel card (I just can't get enough of these lately). I used really bright hues of the Embellish colour challenge: lime green, majenta and a deep brown to set it all off. I am loving how the brown sets off that pink!
I created yet another paper flower... this time I used a light pink paper cut with my scallop circle, then some white paper with a circle punch that is slightly larger than my scallop. I added a nice big green rhinestone brad in the center. For my pink paper, I used a swirly Cuttlebug folder to emboss it, and for the green, I stuck it through my Big Shot in a dotted Cuttlebug folder. The Embellish challenge required me to use a bird somewhere on the layout, so I used a silhouetted bird on a branch near the sentiment. I cut both the bird and sentiment out, and popped them up on foam dimensionals. Initially I had made this for a friend wanting a wedding card, but I suspect it's a bit bold for her, so I created something else as well... stay tuned tomorrow for that one!

Pin It

4 comments:

Chris said...

Love all the texture in this card and I love the fact that's it's an unusual shaped easel card...wonderful!

Thanks for playing along with the Embellish Magazine challenge - I'm thrilled to be the sponsor this week and I have one more give away on my personal blog...

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, beautiful flower on it!

Sarah Martina said...

So many fun elements! I love that flower! So glad you played along with us for the Embellish Color Challenge!

Mariana Grigsby said...

Meredith, I love all the texture in your card! Thanks for playing along with us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...