Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Design Team Debut!

You may have noticed in the past week or so that I have a fancy new icon on the left side of my blog. I was thrilled to be chosen to serve on the Inspirational Card Sketches Design Team from August until December!
So today is my first appearance on the blog, debuting with my take on this week's sketch.

I had to make a wedding card for a friend, so I decided to go with that for this sketch. At first I wasn't sure I was going to have something elegant enough, but as it evolved I was very happy with the results.

I am LOVING easel cards! They are so easy to make, but so impressive. I thought that this would make my friend very impressive to her bride, and I always like making something a little different than the typical card.

I made this to fit in a letter sized envelope - and the one I am using is so fun because it has a string closure - again not typical! I used some patterned Stampin' Up! designer paper - it's a subtle floral print. First I sponged the edges with Crushed Curry from SU! and then I stuck it through the Big Shot in a Cuttlebug folder just to add something else. I used this for my panels on the front of the card, and also on the piece for the inside.

I made yet another paper flower - these are as addictive as buttons for me these days! I used just regular white printer paper, and sponged it with the Crushed Curry. I cut out 3 different sized circles with my Coluzzle, which is a bit different than the ones I have made previously, and I am thrilled with how it turned out! I used Waltzingmouse Stamps: Labels 4 for both of my tags, and Say it With Style for the "Congratulations". I used a SU! stamp for the Mr. & Mrs. (The name of the set eludes me) on the inside of the card. I used some beautiful yellow satin ribbon for the inside, and tied a green organza accent next to my small tag.

Check out the Inspirational Card Sketches Blog to check out the sketch and try it for yourself!

Pin It

1 comment:

AZOWEN said...

I've just found your blog and really like the way you adapt the size and shape of your cards. I'm just starting out and I follow the tutorials. When you make the base that are outside of the standard sizes, do the score/fold line a;sp need to be adjusted? change at all?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...