Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Mini Bag-a-Lope...

... perfect for a gift card, tea bag, or other small goodies for a friend!
For this week's Inspirational Card Sketch, I wanted to try something that wasn't a card. My passion really lays in paper crafts more than cards or even scrapbooking (both of which I truly love).
This is a mini bag-a-lope, made from a regular sized letter envelope. I decided early I wanted to do something a bit shabby chic with this sketch, and hopefully that's what I managed to accomplish!

I used a damask background stamp (not sure of the make), and stamped in Antique Linen distress ink. I then folded the bag into shape so that I could distress the edges. I used some scraps of paper that were in my basket and distressed the edges with my knife and the same antique linen ink. I added one of my new favorite paper flowers, complete with aged bling brad. I mounted the flower on a Label 4 cut from my Nesties. It doesn't show up well in the photo, but I used a Labels 4 border and one of the flower images from the Say it With Style set from Waltzingmouse Stamps to create a bit of a background on the label. I added some cotton lace, and amber bling to finish off the sketch. I edged the top of my pouch with the MS Lace Scallop punch, adding to that shabby feel. I tied the whole thing shut with some satin ribbon and a vintage button from my stash. I added a label stamped with a sentiment from Waltzingmouse Stamps' Very Vintage Christmas set, attached with twine.

Hop on over to ICS to try this one out for yourself!

Pin It

1 comment:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So shabbylicious Meredith! :) I love your gorgeous flower & the pretty little tag with that pearly pink button is very eye catching! How fun to have made that from an envelope! I'll have to give that one a try!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...