Friday, August 13, 2010

De Ja Vu?

Can you believe my brother in law thought he could let our good friend's 30th birthday go by without giving her a card or anything? I quickly corrected him, and told him I knew a place where he could get a great card at an even better price (as if I would charge!).
I scoured online to find a new colour challenge, but the ones I found just didn't do it for me. I also started using this week's Mojo Monday sketch, and quickly gave up as it wasn't working for me (though I loved the sketch - weird). So I went back to the challenges I entered yesterday and used them again!

I used this week's colours from ColourQ, and the sketch pattern from Card Patterns. I am not sure how BIL will like the card (probably a bit pink for him!), but I am happy with how it turned out!
I made another easel card, because I just love how different they are than your typical card. I used a shimmery pink paper that is similar to Melon Mambo, which I substituted again for the Regal Rose. I used brown cardstock that I put through my Big Shot in a Cuttlebug folder for my background, then used some punches to create my circular focal point. It's been a couple of days since I used buttons, so I was suffering a bit of withdrawal - fixed that up today!

I tried a new technique with my ribbon today - I ran a strip of adhesive along my card, then adhered the ribbon to it, adding the ruffles as I went. So simple, but something completely different than what I normally do! To echo this technique on the bottom of the easel, I used some construction paper (because it is softer) that was pleated, then pulled the folds out. I again ran adhesive along my cardstock and basically smushed (getting technical here!) the paper down so that it still had some dimension to it, but wasn't a clean accordion fold.

Finally, I finished the card off with a sentiment label stamped with Waltzingmouse's Say it With Style., and, of course, some bling! Hopefully my friend loves the card, and BIL can at least tolerate it! ;)

Pin It

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Lovely birthday card! Thanks for playing the CQC!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What was your BIL thinking Meredith? Cute card! I like the pop of teal/aqua blue & the embossing looks great! I am sure your friend will appreciate this card :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...