Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Boo!

This is my second post today, scroll down to see this week's Inspirational Card Sketch design below!

Over at Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog there is a little challenge going on! I was in the middle of creating something for the Blog Waltz on August 17, when Lisa announced that they were having a fun little contest, which will wrap up on the 15th... so I had to put aside my waltzing shoes!
The challenge was to take one of Claire's (AMAZING) free templates, available here, and create something with it to be eligible to win a FREE stamp set! Okay, like I need a reason to make anything, and like I need any coaxing to use anything WMS, but still, that's a pretty good incentive, don't you think?
As you may already know, I have been DYING to break into my new halloween stamps from WMS. When I saw that we had to use one of the free templates, I thought I would just out and out copy the head mouse herself, and take inspiration from Claire's pre-release post, here. I have wanted to try these Treat Pouches for awhile, but hadn't found the right project yet. I decided to create some halloween treats for my husband and two beautiful girls! This is a win-win... using the template I've been coveting, and finally getting to use my new stamps!!
These pouches were, as usual, a cinch to make, and such great results! I cut out the templates in black as well as orange, purple and lime green cardstocks. I then used the coloured pieces as my liners by cutting off the bottom as Claire suggests. I used a (crappy) pair of pinking scissors to get my edge (some of it does not look very good!). I ran the body of the pouch through a Cuttlebug folder, the way Claire did for hers. That's right, these are a complete copy-cat of Claire's pouches!
I used stamps from Halloween Party, Midnight Feast and Wanda's Pantry to create all the tags and accents. Each pouch has an image on the inside, which is embossed in black. I then used my Labels 1 nesties, as well as the coordinating stamps for the borders. These were also embossed in black. A trick I've been using with Claire's stamps (and would work for anything clear), when using more than one image in one space, is to lay the actual stamp down where I want it placed, then lay my block over top to pick the stamps up. This ensures they'll land where I want them to be spaced, and only having to stamp once! This is especially nice when I'm embossing, since I don't have to heat everything separately.

I then adhered the labels to the front of the pouches, and added some paper grass - I unfortunately do not have any treats to put in these pouches just yet! I think I will make some sugar cookies and wrap them up to put in these guys, and they might go stale between now and the end of October!

Pin It

8 comments:

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Your treat cups turned out great Meredith! And I love to copy the Head Moustress, too! None are better working with her own designs that our Claire! Bravo!!!

Hugs,
Lisa

scrapnnMO said...

Ahhh these are just so dang CUTE. Love them. :)

Donelda said...

I love these!! Awesome how you mixed and matched all the colors!! These will be great candy holders!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Super cute treat cups Meredith! Perfect for the upcoming holiday :)

Monique said...

Sweet!! The kids will love to get their treats in these...TFS!

Julia Aston said...

We had the same idea for the template challenge Meredith! love your embossing and the front labels!

Cassie_lu said...

what cute and spooky treat holders you created.

Kate W. said...

These are fab! I am so inspired I think I will CASE you and make these myself! Don't mess with perfection!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...