Thursday, August 19, 2010

Another Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!

Whew, squeaking in, just in the nick of time. Get it? Squeaking? Like a mouse! hahaha...

I blame the lack of sleep for the bad joke, I apologize.
Here I am with a card for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.

I am also using this card for the colour challenge over at Curtain Call.

The challenge was to use Pacific Point (one of my favorites, though I haven't used it for a long time!), Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss and Whisper White.
To me, these colours said CAS! And I was really struggling with this week's sketch from Waltzingmouse, though it's simpler than the last few have been! It took me quite awhile to come up with anything, and I am still not thrilled with this card!

I used my Labels 4 nesties and embossed my card base, then I cut out the next smaller size, and used my coordinating Waltzingmouse Stamps for the frame, which was stamped in Kiwi Kiss. I used a Thank You from Stampin' Up that is a definite go-to for me, and I thought really suited my theme. I didn't have Tangerine Tango, so I used Spiced Marmalade distress ink for my details. I accented with buttons that are close to Pacific Point, and a white satin ribbon, as well as some orange pearls.

Not my favorite, but at least I still gave it a go!

Pin It

5 comments:

cbuswell said...

I love how you used the sketch, nice clean and simple card! (Wish I could do those!) thanks for playing along this week with the WMSC!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

You crack me up Meredith! Hope the party went well :) Your card is beautiful - CAS yet elegant! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

this is so very adorable, great job...have a super weekend!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

GORGEOUS CAS card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week! xxx

Stacey Schafer said...

so elegant! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...