Saturday, July 17, 2010

Waltzingmouse July Blog Waltz...



I am so glad that I managed to participate this month! And I got my new stamp sets in time to use them, so it isn't just another Christmas card (since that's all I had up until now!)


Even though I wasn't able to participate in the first couple of challenges on the WMS Challenge blog, I have been using the previous sketches for my latest cards, so I can still have the fun, even if it is only for myself! This card was made using the third challenge sketch, which I did interpret quite literally.

Here is the sketch:


I usually try to use a sketch pretty loosely and put my own spin on things, but lately, what with 2 kids under 2 years, and not a ton of sleep, I just don't have the creative energy I am used to! Here is my card:


The theme of this challenge was blue and green - and since Claire said that summer was the inspiration for this colour theme, I used nice bright shades, and added some bright pink and turquoise to the mix.

My card base is one of my current favorite colours - a nice light turquoise. I ran a slightly different shade of the same colour through a cuttlebug folder to give the card some dimension.

I used my Say it with Style set, which I have completely fallen in love with, and am using on all the cards I am working on this week. The font is so lovely, and, as usual, the stamp quality blows my mind. I can make such impressive labels and sentiments with such little effort! Anyway, so I stamped my border - that so perfectly fits in my Labels 4 Nesties - with Baja Breeze from Stampin' Up! I stamped the sentiment in Melon Mambo, and the little scroll in Old Olive, both also from SU! I also used this stamp set to create the background on the green paper, also stamped in Old Olive. I added the pink strip of card stock, and the turquoise ribbon, and finished my knot with a paper flower complete with green button.

Thanks for looking, and Happy Waltzing!

Pin It

30 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Lovely card and what a great idea to use one of the other sketch challenges... I like the way the tag has several different colors.

Sue W said...

Love the embossing on your card and your colour choices - great card.

Helen said...

so pretty x

cbuswell said...

very pretty!

Lynn Mercurio said...

I love this...it's great that you used one of the sketch challenge sketches to inspire this great card. Well done!

Sandie said...

Such a pretty card. Love all the embossing and the pink flower really makes it pop!

Karen B. said...

A perfect summer card indeed! Your embossing is divine on this card and I love the pop of pink.

Bonnie said...

This is gorgeous and thank you for waltzing with us today - even with those busy children you have put together a great creation!

Antje said...

I totally love how the swirls on the embossed part fit with the quotes! Great card!

Julia Aston said...

So pretty Meredith! love the embossed and stamped bg - great job with the sketch too!

Jennifer Holmes said...

Pretty card, and good for you for trying out the sketches! I'm so glad you can play along!

Joanne Gilch said...

Great sketch! Your colors are beautiful together, and I love the green strip 'make your own DP'.

Jen said...

Such a fun card! And I love the idea of keeping the sketches for future use. I know I don't always have time or the mojo to participate in every challenge but who knows what might happen tomorrow :)
Thank you for sharing

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a darling card! Love that happy little flower!

Cassie_lu said...

what a pretty card

Ann said...

Excellent - that cuttlebug folder looks perfect with the stamped border - really clever to pair them. Lovely card.

Ren-Yi said...

excellent idea on using the previous sketches. they are great, aren't they?
love your color scheme - the pink just adds a nice splash of color!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Very pretty card! Love the hint of pink! Always great to have some awesome sketches to use isn't it :) Great take on this one!

Claire Brennan said...

Gorgeous Meredith! i love that you combined all the colours in your tag to pull it all together! Thank you so much for waltzing with us @ Waltzingmouse Stamps!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

We're glad you participated, too! Lovely card!

Charmaine Stack said...

Great card, Meredith! Love the embossing.

Wendy said...

Even with two little ones....you did awesome!!!

Helen L said...

another great card! I love how you did the embossing and the background stamping for the background of your card. You're doing great for having two little ones!

Pauline said...

Beautiful, all the colours work so well together.

Rachel Webber said...

Love the embossing, beautiful card & really like the inclusion of the pink - really works brilliantly

Vera said...

Beautifully done! Such an elegant card, and I totally agree about the font: it's lovely!

Lynne Phelps said...

Lovely card! I like the big bold blocks of color and then all the fun details of the embossing and scrolls!

Belinda said...

Absolutely lovely Meredith! Love the way you combined these fabulous colors together!

Heidi said...

I love the pop of pink that you added to the blue and green! This is a beautiful card and a great layout. I turn to the older challenges for inspiration also :0)

anya said...

Definitely bright and summery! I love your combination of patterns and the pop of pink! So glad you could waltz with us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...