Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sketchy Thursdays Design Call...

Well, this is my official tryout to be a guest designer for Sketchy Thursdays for the month of August!


The challenge was this; I had to use the layout below. I had to include the colour yellow somewhere on the layout, and I had to include at least one handmade embellishment.


So here is my interpretation of the sketch:


The yellow was easy - my daughter's shirt would have dictated yellow for a layout anyway! Initially this wasn't at all the direction I was going to go, but this paper happened to be sitting on my desk while I was having trouble with my initial plan, and it called out to me!

I created the flowers using various sized circles and my scallop punch. I used yellow and pink paper and some velum to break it up. I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink to soften the pink and yellow, but left the vellum. Scrunch them all up, put 'em together with a brad and add a button for some interest. I love how they turned out.


I used Waltzingmouse Stamps for my title label. This was my first time using cotton lace, and I can see where this could be addictive. What a neat change from predictable ribbon!

Anyway, I hope that the folks at Sketchy Thursdays like what I did and consider me for their shortlist - cross your fingers!

Pin It

2 comments:

Heidi said...

this is so very sweet! i'm so glad you played along with us!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooooooooooooo FUN!! LOVEEEEEEEEEE the colors and loving the flowers!! Thanks sooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...