The challenge was this; I had to use the layout below. I had to include the colour yellow somewhere on the layout, and I had to include at least one handmade embellishment.
So here is my interpretation of the sketch:
The yellow was easy - my daughter's shirt would have dictated yellow for a layout anyway! Initially this wasn't at all the direction I was going to go, but this paper happened to be sitting on my desk while I was having trouble with my initial plan, and it called out to me!
I created the flowers using various sized circles and my scallop punch. I used yellow and pink paper and some velum to break it up. I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink to soften the pink and yellow, but left the vellum. Scrunch them all up, put 'em together with a brad and add a button for some interest. I love how they turned out.
I used Waltzingmouse Stamps for my title label. This was my first time using cotton lace, and I can see where this could be addictive. What a neat change from predictable ribbon!
Anyway, I hope that the folks at Sketchy Thursdays like what I did and consider me for their shortlist - cross your fingers!