Monday, July 5, 2010

Magical Marquee...

Today I am sharing a card that I made for an old friend who's wife just gave birth to their first baby. I wanted to do something that was not-typical (let's be honest, I wanted to show off), and just when I needed inspiration, this tutorial popped up at Splitcoaststampers, for one of their "Try a New Technique" challenges. It took a bit of concentration, but once I re-read my notes from the video tutorial, and paid attention, it actually went together pretty easily. I made a second one, which I will share tomorrow, and that one went together much more quickly than this one!



I made this card before the baby was born, so as to be ahead of the game. I am making their new daughter a chipboard mini album as my gift, and being that I am dealing with a newborn myself, I wanted to get the card done ahead of time so that once I knew who their little bundle was, I could focus on my gift. Therefore, the colours are somewhat neutral. I use card stock that I buy from a nearby supplier, and the names elude me!




I made the card base in this beautiful peacock coloured paper, which goes so well with the lighter turquoise. I used yellow as my accent, which I love with the other 2 colours! The rattle image inside the opening of the "curtains" is embossed, which really enhanced it.



If you haven't already, I definitely recommend giving this one a try - it's a bit tricky to wrap your head around at first, but when you do, it's SO much fun to make!

Pin It

2 comments:

Charmaine Stack said...

Sweet! I like clever cards; I will have to check out this tutorial. The new photo of your daughters is really nice.

Amanda Ward --- aka --- SnazzleCraft said...

I happened across your blog semi-randomly today and am now a follower! Scrapbooking has always been something inspiring for me but makes my "ADD" go a little wacky when I think about trying to create these massive (and seemingly overwhelming) projects! You inspire me to just "get over it" and just do it and practice and one of these days *I hope* I can be half as good as you!

AWESOME skills you have, girl!

~Amanda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...