Thursday, July 22, 2010

Let's try again...

This is my second post today, scroll down to see my Sketchy Thursdays submission!

Well, I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself today, but I was itching to make something. I cruised the web, and found a colour challenge at Embellish Magazine. The challenge was to use turquoise, brown, kraft and orange, and to include ric rac. Unfortunately, I didn't have ric rac in any of the colours they were asking, and I got carried away and forgot to make some with my cardstock, so this won't qualify for their challenge. Regardless, I am loving the colour combo.

In any case, I used this week's WMS challenge sketch again, because the ribbon sunflower really isn't doing it for me. I will give it to the friend it was intended for, because I know she will love it, but I knew I could do better.

Here we go!

The sketch, once again:

And my card:

As has been the theme this week, I used the Say it With Style set from Waltzingmouse. I sound like a broken record, but I love these stamps so much that I almost avoid using others - I try and think how I can use these ones instead! So I stamped the bottom of my easel card with the border in the set, then used the sentiment and a little accent to tie it all together.

I am just in love with these paper flowers. Could they be any easier to make? If you've never tried one, I strongly encourage it - all you do is punch some circles, scrunch 'em up and hold them together with a brad. For the ones on my card, I didn't have text weight paper in any of the colours called for, so I used some right out of my printer. I cut out my circles, then sponged them with orange, turquoise (Baja Breeze from SU!) and Vintage Photo distress ink. I am really really happy with how they look. And can you tell that I am currently hooked on putting buttons on EVERYTHING?

For the lacy border on the bottom of the easel, I used my MS punch on some white cardstock, then sponged the same orange as my flowers. Added some ribbon and bling to tie it all together.

I feel much better about my challenge submission now!

Pin It

3 comments:

Charmaine Stack said...

Wow - two submissions to the WMS Sketch Challenge from you, and I could not manage even one. I tried. I tried about three or four different times, and kept getting skunked. Just could not work with it at all. Love these colours and the flowers and am really impressed you did so well with that sketch!

Heidi said...

This is beautiful! But honestly I like the ribbon flower card too!

Julia Aston said...

I just love easel style cards! your flowers are so pretty on this Meredith - thanks for playing with WMS this week - again!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...