Sunday, July 25, 2010

Chipboard Baby!



An old friend from high school recently welcomed his first baby girl. I wanted to do something for him and his wife, and this is what I came up with! I had these chipboard albums hanging out in my stash waiting for a purpose, and this seemed to be it.


For the cover, I ran a chipboard "G" - baby girl's first initial - that I had in my stash through a cuttlebug folder with fantastic results. Then I sponged some Melon Mambo (SU!) to enhance the texture. I used my Labels 4 nesties and coordinating Waltzingmouse Stamps border, and also sponged the Melon Mambo to frame my "G". I added buttons and flowers to make it girly but still young. And I just love sticking buttons on everything these days!


I figured that this could be a tiny keepsake album, filled with some favorite pictures. I've been doing a lot of paper bag baby albums lately, and this time I just wanted to do something different. I really enjoyed this one! The tricky part for the new parents is going to be finding photos that will shrink down okay, because they will have to be fairly small!


I actually used card sketches as inspiration for each page's layout. They are double sided, so there is room for 7 images in total, plus the cover and name pages. Lots of bang for my buck - I got this album in the $1.50 bin at Michael's!


I used my new Victorian Alphabet from Waltzingmouse Stamps for the new arrival's name and birthday. I am in LOVE with this set (as with all of them!).


The back cover has a lovely quote (did not photograph well); "Babies are bits of stardust blown from the hands of God". This is a SU! stamp, but for the life of me I do not remember the name of the set! And I don't keep my stamps in their original SU! cases, so... forgive me! I also used my Labels 4 nesties and WMS stamps to frame the quote.


Throughout the photos, WMS fans will notice that I used the label 'shoulders' to frame each page's tag hole. This proved much easier than punching out circles as I did for the cover, which actually took more work than it was worth, it turned out!

I added some ribbons to the binder ring to finish the whole thing off, keeping to the colour theme I used throughout the album. I was really happy with how this turned out. Lucky, because I found out after they received it that my friend's wife is a Stampin' Up demonstrator - which I didn't know previously. This means she would be much harder to impress, and I would have been a little bit intimidated while working on it, had I known!!

Pin It

1 comment:

Janie Printz said...

This little book is so adorable ...
Janie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...