Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Challenging Mouse...

If you haven't heard, I am completely addicted to Waltzingmouse Stamps. And by the way, I don't receive any kind of perks for saying nice things about this mouse all the time. I just truly love these designs and the product quality! Just yesterday, Claire introduced her 2 newest stamp sets - halloween goodies! I am beyond excited for my order to arrive and start creating all kinds of ghoulish goods!

I digress...
It is time for another Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.

Here is the sketch:


And here is my card:
I had to do this one quick, because who knows how long the baby sleeps when she goes down! I took the flower image from Say it with Style, as well as what I saw as hearts up until today - now I see them as leaves. The flower was stamped with Baja Breeze from Stampin' Up!, and the leaves were stamped with Kiwi Kiss, also SU!. I then sponged the images in the same respective colours to give a bit of a colour wash. Then I cut them out, and ran them through my Big Shot in a Cuttlebug folder. I cut the petals of the flower closer to the center so that I could bend them and play with them to give some dimension. I stamped the background of my card with the smaller heart/leaf image, just to add a little something. I also punched a scallop circle from my white cardstock, crumpled it all up, then sponged it with Kiwi Kiss, and stuck it behind my main flower. I added a similar shade of green to the bottom of my card, and tied it with a turquoise ribbon to bring it all together. I added a paper flower and rhinestone to the big flower, and put it all together with foam dots.

It was a quicky, but I like how it turned out - hopefully that mouse does too!!

Pin It

5 comments:

Charmaine Stack said...

What a great card! Like those hearts/leaves.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Meredith! I love how you created a 3D flower with your stamped images! Love the embossing! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's WMSC :)

Pauline said...

Lovely colours, and love how you embossed the petals and leaves, very pretty. xx

Sue Lelli said...

One person's heart is another person's leaf!! It turned out lovely!

Julia Aston said...

Such a clever design with the leaves Meredith and the colors are just lovely! thanks for playing with WMS again this week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...