Friday, July 16, 2010

Another Magical Marquee...

I promised a few days ago that I was going to post the second "Magical Marquee" card that I made, then it never happened. What can I say, the days can be a blur lately...



This is a thank you card I made for the nurse that oversaw my labour with my second daughter last month. I used a favorite colour combination - this Olive green card stock as my base, and the turquoise as my accent with a hit of white to keep things nice and bright.



This time I utilized my Big Shot to add some texture, thanks to a Cuttlebug folder. I think it really adds a lot (it always impresses me how quickly you can make your card look so great thanks to embossing). I stamped the "curtains" with a little bird in my Old Olive SU! ink. I used the same colour to stamp the 'thank you' on the card base. Finally, I added some turquoise ribbon to the front, dressed up the knot with a paper flower, and added some pearl accents. I am really happy with this card, and can see myself using this style quite often!

If you didn't catch my last post with the link, you can check out the tutorial for this card here.

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...