Monday, May 17, 2010

Waltzingmouse Stamps May Blog Waltz



Well it's the 17th, which means it's time for Waltzingmouse Stamps' May Blog Waltz! This is the first blog waltz/hop I've participated in, and I've been pretty excited to take part!

So the theme this month was birthdays, since Claire is celebrating her first year in business. My mother-in-law and I LOOOVE Christmas, so because I was ordering these first sets of WMS as a gift for her Mother's Day, I ordered the Very Vintage Christmas. So I had to get creative to come up with a birthday card using Christmas stamps!



I didn't want to just make a card, because I really enjoy making 3-D items more than anything else. So I thought I would use Claire's newest free template (haven't managed to get that teacup yet!), the Tea Bag Baggie, and use it as my birthday 'gift'.


So, the only stamp on the entire project that isn't Claire's is the "Birthday" used on the card, which is from a SU! set. I used the "Warm Wishes" sentiment from the Christmas set, and just wiped off "Warm"! I used a slightly lighter ink for my sentiments to try and give this an aged feel. This is for the mouse, and I gather she likes older things! I originally planned on doing another flip card for this waltz, but then decided to do something different since that's all I've posted this week! So this was a layout that I learned at a workshop for Christmas last fall. It's dead easy; I'll post a tutorial in the next day or 2!


The background on both was created using the largest of the individual snowflake stems included in the Very Vintage Christmas. I just lined it all up and created what I think looks like an old wrought iron pattern.


I used the Labels 4 nesties and stamps to create my tags. I am in LOVE with these and can see everything at Christmas being covered in them. Claire, you're brilliant!

The Tea Bag Baggie was created using the same techniques. For both, I sponged the cream tag for added aging. It's not as yellow as my photos make it appear - much more subtle in the real world!

The right side of the card is actually held together with the brads, which I accented with a creamy yellow ribbon. Super simple: I just punched a line of holes down that fold, then wrapped my brad around my grosgrain, and poked it through the holes. I love how it turned out!

Pin It

28 comments:

Sue W said...

Oh lovely job Meredith~

Julia Aston said...

What a great set! love the bag and the fun opening on your card - and the ribbon with the brads looks super!

Karin said...

So creative! I love what you did with the ribbon and the brads!

Karolyn Loncon said...

Love how you created your background and that ribbon treatment is super cool!

Belinda said...

Wow, what a great set and LOVE the opening on your card! The ribbon treatment is so cool! Fabulous set!

Kathryn B said...

This is so creative! Love the colors and the details are perfect! TFS

Lee said...

Such a great set.

Ruth M said...

Just lovely, very creative use of the snowflake to get your wrought iron background - fabulous!

Angela Mclean said...

Oh, yes.. I remember the sneak peak!!! You have not disappointed.. the set is GORGEOUS! The ribbon/ brad thing is so original... will crib this, for sure!
Hugs
Angela xxx.

Nadine said...

Great job on the set and thank you for explaining how you did that fabulous ribbon treatment with the brads. I will for sure be trying this out soon!

Jill said...

This is fantastic - so tastefully thought out and put together.

Jill x

Ingrid Danvers said...

What a great set, Meredith. Both the tea bag and card are beautiful.

Lynne Phelps said...

Love the use of stamps beyond their stated purpose! Lovely!

Laurie Marmon said...

I really like how you did the ribbon! I just may "borrow" that technique sometime! :) Great job with getting birthday from Christmas stamps...it's a challenge but it turned out wonderfully!

Pauline said...

Beautiful, a stunning use of the vintage xmas set, very pretty. Pauline x

Claire Brennan said...

EEEK that background stamping is brilliant!! so case-ing that!! and the card and baggie are so very elegant!! swoon! beautiful colours too! Thank you for waltzing with us!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Very pretty! Awesome background!

Nancy said...

Very Pretty.
Great use of Christmas Stamps!!!

Janet said...

How nice! I like what you did with the ribbon.

Ann said...

Love the tea baggie - I love 3d projects too. Your colours are fab - and it doesn't look at all Christmassy! ;o)

LaurieJ said...

VERY creative with Christmas stamps! Love your ribbon treatment. Just lovely.

Janelle said...

Those colors together are VERY nice. I love how creative you were with the opening of the this gift card. WOW!

anya said...

Gorgeous Meredith! I just love how you accented your brads with the grosgrain ribbon!! Beautiful design. I'm so glad you could waltz along with us!

Heather said...

Great idea with the Christmas set (I love that set, too!). Very pretty.

Helen said...

I think the background looks amazing - love that wrought iron look - so clever! The ribbon looks so sophisticated and the colour scheme is lovely too.

Charmaine Stack said...

Necessity is the mother of invention! Love the wrought iron background - very clever. A unique card design and great use of the tea bag template.

Kelly S. said...

LOVING those colors and your ribbon treatment with those brads!

Rachel Webber said...

Love the colours on this, such a beautiful card & tag

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...