Sunday, May 16, 2010

Tag, you're it!

Since it's sunny and warm, and so fresh and spring-like outside, I just couldn't help but make some Christmas tags!



Well, it's more because I wanted to play some more with my new Waltzingmouse Stamps, and I only have Christmas to work with just yet!

Here's my thing: I colour code all my gifts to match the decor in the house at Christmas. Our (okay, MY) colours are red and white, with a strong snowflake theme. Last year I created all kinds of re-usable gift packages so that I can give up on paper (soooooo sick of wrapping, and all that waste!). I also created all the gift tags I would need! Then, I demanded that everyone return everything as they opened gifts, so I can re-use it all this year. Hey, this is eco-friendly, wallet-friendly AND time-friendly. It's a win win win! But it means I don't need anything new this year! SO - I thought I would make these tags more to play with Claire's stamps, and maybe use them to give hostess gifts or neighbour gifts away this year. Or, maybe I will package these up and gift the actual tags... not sure yet.

I am LOVING how easy it is to get such a wonderful vintage feel from these stamps, with so little effort. I decided pretty quick that I was going to be quite lazy about this, and not do very much in the way of embellishing these tags. I didn't do any kind of rhinestones or brads, nor did I do anything 3-D. So I am doubly impressed with how great these tags look with such little effort. Imagine when I really get to it and dress these babies up!


So I used my Big Shot and cut out 2 sizes each of the Labels 1 Nesties and the Labels 4 nesties, for which I have WMS stamp sets. I didn't even emboss all of them - if they sort of came out embossed from cutting, I called it good enough. Oh, it's a lazy Sunday around here today! Hey, I am 2 weeks away from delivering a baby, can you blame me?

I tried to really switch up the borders and the sentiments, but I found I was really drawn to using the snowflake and snowflake branches to create backgrounds behind most of the sentiments. If there is one thing you can know about me when it comes to Christmas, it's that I LOVE snowflakes. In fact, when I got married, it was the theme of the wedding! Anyway... so I can't even begin to tell you how much I love the little stems that Claire designed for this set, allowing me to make my own snowflakes.


Some of these tags I didn't even add ribbon to, because I thought they would be perfect on a jar of something home-made, delivered to the neighbours!



Pin It

2 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Love your tags Meredith! what fun creations using WMS stamps! the colors and designs are wonderful! Hurray for you getting them done early!

Lynda G. said...

Meredith, you are SO talented! I love your stamps and how creative and crafty you are! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...