Monday, May 10, 2010

Start 'Em Early...

Yesterday for Mother's Day, my 20 month old daughter made me the cutest card I've ever seen. Of course, I don't have pictures of it, because that would be far too organized (I don't blog from home). But, because Father's Day is around the corner, and I am due to give birth about 10 minutes prior, I thought I'd take my hubby's idea (he got his mum to help her make the card with our stamps), and have her make one for him nice and early. So, here is my beautiful daughter learning her mother's favorite hobby, making a card for her favorite man (Daddy's girl? Understatement...)

Getting ready to start...


Stamping on the front...


Adding stickers and buttons to the card; no card is complete without embellishments!


Showing off her creation...



And finally, though for some reason my photos are not the best quality, the finished product:



And the inside of the card; I think we could call this a new distressed technique?


Now I am off to make one for my own father, though it probably won't hold a candle to this one!

Pin It

7 comments:

Claire Brennan said...

Awww what a wee honey!! and yep, they're never too young!!! what a beautiful card, it must be treasured!!!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Isn't this adorable? I love the pics of the creative process. She's got talent. Love her card. And I love that distress technique. ;-)

Katie Renz said...

Super sweet... ok, you must scrap those pictures too.

Belinda said...

So sweet! :)

Laurie Marmon said...

very cute. be sure to take a picture of your mother's day card too!

inksandthinks said...

One of my favourite things is when my girls (3,5,8) decide they want to craft with me! It melts your heart, doesn't it?

Angela Mclean said...

Mega CUTEIE!!! Yep, she made a masterpiece alright!
Angela xxx.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...