Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Snowflakes and Tiaras...

Well, my husband and I celebrated our fourth anniversary this past February... and I still had never managed to start our wedding scrapbook. This is a project I probably started buying goods for nearly 3 years ago!



I found a challenge at Sketchy Thursdays, a blog I am thoroughly enjoying, for a double scrapbook page layout. I am determined to enter as many challenges as I can handle so that I keep myself busy, and heck, I might even win something sometime! This was the perfect kick in the rear that I needed to get going with my wedding album. I am actually using this for 2 challenges this week, the second one being "Wedding Celebrations" at PaperPlay Challenges.

SO... a bit about the wedding. As you can likely tell, it was a winter wedding, with a heavy snowflake theme. In fact, if you take a closer look at the photos, you can see all my jewelry resembles snowflakes, as does the tiara I wore. My dress had hits of blue that went with our theme, and the beading along the bodice resembled icicles. That was an easy choice! I put snowflakes everywhere I could think of, and have continued collecting ever since. The fun part of this is that every year at Christmas I get to use all kinds of momentos from a very important day in our lives! So, now I am having a BLAST using all the papers and embellishments I am always drawn to, and putting them together to create one heck of a keepsake.


SO... onto the challenge. Here is the sketch:


And here is my full layout:


It is missing a picture, because when I went to print out copies for this project, I was missing some from the CD I was using. So now I have found the right CD of photos, and will be putting in another order in the next few days, and will fill that spot in with an obligatory kissy-kissy photo! You can at least see the matte where the photo belongs!

The snowflake paper used in the background is so pretty - it's got a beautiful shimmer to it, and some of the flakes are flocked for some extra appeal. I also used my new Labels 4 stamps (Waltzingmouse) and nesties to create the tag, which I used for the Journalling (with a very unfortunate pen...).




You might see a lot of snowflakes in the next few weeks as this project continues!!

Pin It

5 comments:

lisa said...

Just love those sparkles and what stunning photos to scrap.
Thanks for playing.

Laurie Marmon said...

Beautiful layout! Love all the elements of the project. I too need to start my wedding scrapbook! :)

Mandy said...

Beautiful page, love the colours you've used and the photo's are gorgeous.
Thanks for joining our Wedding challenge at Paper Play
hugs Mandy xx

inksandthinks said...

So funny - what's a few years wait for something so beautiful? It took me 13 years to start my wedding scrapbook!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww! this is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeee the photos and the colors!! Thanks soooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...