Thursday, May 13, 2010

Oh, my aching belly...

Well, spring finally seems to have sprung here in the Lower Mainland. The sun has been shining all week, and the temperatures having been rising. Finally time to get those plants out of the solarium and into the garden! Being about 16 months pregnant, my mother-in-law so kindly offered to do my planting for me - I just needed to direct. Being the guilt-ridden, can't-just-accept-help person that I am, I needed to get my hands dirty. So, I did let her do the bulk of the bending and digging, but I still did all the watering and hosing down - washing off the winter, as I like to say. Well, I was on my swollen, fluid filled legs for FAR too long, and WOW, am I paying the price today! I will be honest - I had a major breakdown when I was getting into bed last night (MUCH easier said than done), because of the amount of pain involved. I was crying worse than my 21 month old did when she fell and skinned her knees yesterday. Nope, not joking. Anyway, the few middle of the night bathroom trips were a bit precarious - wasn't sure I was going to get there or back again - but I survived.

Now, I am beached for the day. I am in so much pain that I popped 2 extra strength Tylenol (this is a HUGE thing for me - I NEVER take drugs), and Grandma has taken the wee one off my hands for part of the day so I can just veg out. So hopefully this means I can do some creating later... still waiting on that mailman to bring me some goods so I can hopefully make my contribution for the WMS Waltz on Monday. I even drew up a design for what I want to make - something I've never done before! So we'll see what I manage to come up with in the meantime...

Maybe I'll be back?

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...