Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Just a Card...


Well, am I ever loving sketch challenges!

I find that sometimes I can sit FOREVER looking at the colours I know I want to use, and the stamps I like, but putting the whole thing together creatively can be elusive. So I am loving the sketches I am finding online that instantly get the juices flowing.

One of the blogs I have started following is The Craft's Meow , and Lisa seems to be addicted to challenges - so I am slowly filtering through her badges and finding lots of resources! Anyway, one of the sites I got turned on to through Lisa is Mojo Monday. Today's card is based on this week's sketch from that blog.

Here is the sketch:


And here is my interpretation:


I have seen this colour combo - black and pink - many a time, and always love how it looks, and yet I've never actually tried it out for myself. I loved the modern feel to this sketch, and thought this was the perfect opportunity!

I made the card base from a pretty pale pink, and then accented it with a magenta shimmer paper that I love. The only issue is photographing it, due to it's reflective qualities! I added some hints of black for some great contrast, and I am really happy with the results!

Looks like the rest of the week will be cards, but I do have another fun project up my sleeve that might show up late this week or early next... let's see if I can get it done!

Pin It

2 comments:

Andrea Ewen said...

Very pretty card, I especially love the variety of pinks that you used. Love that background dp also. Great job!

Charmaine Stack said...

Meredith, this is a lovely card. I like the use of the flourish under the two-toned sentiment. What a unique way to use the tag shoulder!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...