Thursday, May 20, 2010

Butterfly Birthday...

As promised, another card for you today!


This time, the sketch is from a blog I stumbled upon, called Sketches {by Tamara}. I really like that this site does a different kind of sketch each week, in a four week rotation, so it isn't just cards or scrapbook pages.

So here is the sketch for this week's card:


And here is my interpretation of it:


I don't normally like to stick to a sketch SO literally, and I didn't really intend to with this one either, but in the end, it worked out that I stuck almost exactly to what was suggested. But I am really happy with how it turned out!

SO... here's how I did it. I used a small plate to trace my circle, since none of my tools created anything large enough. After I cut it out, I ran it through a Cuttlebug folder in my Big Shot to emboss it. Next, I used a mini flower punch and cut out all kinds of colours, sticking to jewel tones. Then I picked a colour pattern before comitting to anything. I laid the main line of flowers down the edge of the circle, and once that was done, filled it in with all my extras. I used the Labels 4 to cut out my sentiment, which I then accented with my new favourite Waltzingmouse Stamps. I added the birthday sentiment, and a little butterfly (also a punch) for some extra summer! All the flowers have rhinestones on them, which really made this card pop.

One more card for you tomorrow... I did mention a 'fun' project that I had in the back of my head yesterday, but when I sat down to try it out, I realized I need a bit more direction, so that will take some time. It will show itself eventually, just not as soon as I had hoped!

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...