Monday, May 10, 2010

And now a challenge...

Well, I said awhile ago I wanted to seek out more challenges, because I really enjoyed the Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge a few weeks back.

So I cruised onto the Challenges forum at SCS, and today's new technique challenge was to make a flip flop card - something I hadn't tried yet. You can find the details for the challenge, and a tutorial link here.

The front of the card...


And the back, including a message...



My daughter's outfit today actually inspired the colour theme! I used a nice, heavy, navy cardstock as my base, which has a great linen texture to it. Then I did a really nice lime accent, and a white base for my stamped images. I used Rich Razzleberry (a deep purple) as my main colour for stamping, and the lime ribbon has a similar coloured polka dot on it. Finally, I attached an aged blingy brad to the front.


This took a LOT less time than I thought it would, so it's a lot more simple than some of the better ones that have been posted. Now that I have the idea, I have many more ways to spruce it up and make it more interesting in the future.

It's also a little bit girly for Father's Day, but I really don't have any masculine stamps or images. So... dad will have to make do. I know he'll at least be impressed by it's unique qualities, so I am not worried!

It doesn't compare to Emma's card (previous post), but hey, how can I compete with her?!

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...