Friday, April 30, 2010

If you Believe...

... in a certain little mouse and all the magic he can bring...

I wanted to do something a little bit different to showcase our trip to Disneyland this past fall. We took our then 14 month old daughter with my mother in law, not for a minute pretending that the trip was for her - we were just dragging her along because we wanted to go! I had initially planned to do the same ol' scrapbook thing, but hadn't really gotten inspired to do it yet. A trip to my favorite scrapbook store proved very successful - as we were looking for Disney themed papers to get started, I noticed this project hanging on display. I had the "Believe" book already - I had planned on creating a first Christmas book with it, but again, never found the inspiration. I LOVED this different take on it, and thought it was perfect to capture our vacation! So I completely cased the idea, but did change up the papers and added journalling. I am SO pleased with how it turned out, and love that it's different than just the same old scrapbook!






Each letter is it's own page, so this is what the book looks like when it's closed.




The trick was mounting photos that were relevant, but size-appropriate, since I wanted them hidden behind the letter page. I used the back of each letter to add some journalling.


As the pages grew, so could my pictures, and my journalling!



I didn't add a tone of embellishments, but tried to keep them all very Disney-esque. There were many rhinestone mouse heads created for this project!

I am so happy with this project, but it really showed me that next time our family takes a trip, I need to think ahead as to what I am going to create to keep the memories - so that I can take the appropriate photos!

Pin It

3 comments:

Claire Brennan said...

What a fab record of your trip!! and what a wee cutie you have there!! Adorable!!

Meredith said...

Aw, thanks Claire!! I think she is too, but I am pretty baised ;)

Belinda said...

Oh what an adorable album! Looks like a fab trip! And your blog is starting to look lovely! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...